Tuesday, March 31, 2020

BENV1010 WEEK 7: photographing models

Physical Model of Transitional Space

Modelling Fusion 360 model using folding and tabs method instead of laser cutting. I chose a 1:100 scale so the paper won't bend. 
Model of a transitional space in my home with 3 rectangular prisms. 

Photographing Shadows and Lighting

Sketch Models

I wanted to experiment with other methods of model making instead of the folding and tabs method. I tried to plan less and see where my mistakes will take me. This allowed me to determine a scale after finishing the model, due to the absence of doors or windows.
experimenting with the properties of paper
I used pins to hold down the paper to visualise different possibilities before gluing. 
Sketch Model: regular copier paper
The final version adhered by glue. The actual model is 60 x 60 mm, so figures were photoshopped in. Scale is approx 1:1000
Experimenting with more complex forms. This sketch model required more thought as the layers needed to be held up by additive elements, so glue and tabs needed to be concealed.
Sketch Model: gallery paper (handout from an art gallery)
Figures were photoshopped in. Actual model is 150 x 150 mm. Scale 1:500

Room Models

Paper Model 1:100
I found this hardest to photograph due to it's small size (35 x 35 mm) since my phone doesn't have a good macro lens. It was difficult to get the focus right. 




Cardboard Model (2mm thick) 1:50
indirect lighting

My Ideal Room
Natural lighting at midday
Card Model (1mm thick) 1:50
Afternoon lighting
The folding screen is open to allow light into both spaces


Night lighting
The folding screen is closed to seperate the sleeping and work spaces. Artificial lighting is showing entering from outside the room (at the door) and small bar light from underneath the bed

Night lighting
Folding screen is closed but still lets through light from the roof lamp in the sleeping space. 

No comments:

Post a Comment